The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification:Release, Control, and Validation(RCV) certificate is a free-standing qualification but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream andone of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (ITSM). The ITIL Certificate in Release, Control, and Validation is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices during the Service Management. Lifecycle and specifically in the following key ITIL process, role, and function areas: Change Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Service Validation and Testing, Release and Deployment Management, Request Fulfillment, Change Evaluation, and Knowledge Management.
At the end of the program, the participants will be able to :
- Understand the importance of Service Management as a practice concept and Service Transition principles, purpose, and objective
- Understand the importance of ITIL Release, Control, and Validation while providing service
- Understand how all processes in ITIL RCV interact with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- Define the processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the ITIL RCV processes
- Apply the ITIL RCV processes, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Measure ITIL RCV
- Understand the importance of IT Security and its contributions to RCV
- Define the technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL RCV
- Understand Change Management as a capability to realize successful service transition
- Ensure the integrity and the quality of service transition
- Monitor the state of Service Transition
- Enhance ongoing management decision support and service delivery capability
- Ensure the meeting committed service level performance
- Define RCV process roles and responsibilities
- Understand challenges, critical success factors, and risks associated with ITIL RCV
IT Managers, Operational staffs, and anyonewho require a deeper knowledge of or involved in the Service Offerings & Agreements cluster of processes and functions.
This program is 5 days of intensive training class.
An ITIL® Foundation certificate is required and preferably two years of work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
At the end of the program, the participants will be assessed with 90 minutes of ITIL®Release, Control, and Validation Exam.
ITIL® Release, Control, and Validation Certification will be awarded upon successfully passing the exam from APMG International (ITIL Accredited Examination Institute – UK)