The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification:Planning, Protection, and Optimization(PPO) certificate is a free-standing qualification but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream andone of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (ITSM). The purpose of this training module, associate exam, and certificate is respectively to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in IT Service Management as documented in the ITIL Planning, Protection, and Optimization publication. The ITIL Certificate in Planning, Protection, and Optimizing is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply PPO practices during the Service Management Lifecycle.
At the end of the program, the participants will be able to :
- Understand theservice design in PPO and Lifecycle context
- Understand processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within planning, protection, and optimization
- Apply Capacity Management as a capability to realize successful Service Design
- Apply Availability Management as a capability to realize successful Service Design
- Apply IT Service Continuity Management as a capability to support overall Business Continuity Management
- Apply Information Security Management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Define and apply demand management
- Define planning, protection, and optimization roles and responsibilities
- Understand technology and implementation considerations
- Define organizational roles relevant to PPO
- Define and identify challenges, critical success factors, and risks for planning, protection, and optimization
IT Managers, Operational staffs, and anyonewho require a deeper knowledge of or involved in the Service Offerings & Agreements cluster of processes and functions.
This program is 5 days of intensive training class.
An ITIL® Foundation certificate is required and preferably two years of work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
At the end of the program, the participants will be assessed with 90 minutes of ITIL®Planning, Protection, and Optimization Exam.
ITIL® Planning, Protection, and Optimization Certification will be awarded upon successfully passing the exam from APMG International (ITIL Accredited Examination Institute – UK)